UMB Select Checking®
The checking account of choice if you have extensive financial needs.
With UMB Select Checking, you’ll receive our highest level of benefits, all designed to save you money and further your financial goals. With $1,000 to open the account, you will experience preferred rates and discounted or included banking services. UMB Select Checking is our relationship-focused solution best suited to meet your financial needs.
UMB Select Checking Features
- Unlimited check writing, deposits and withdrawals
- Access to online banking, mobile banking and bill pay
- 24/7 phone access to account Information
- Access to hundreds of UMB ATMs across eight states
- No fee for non-UMB ATM withdrawals1
- No fee for electronic statements or paper statements with check images
As a UMB Select Checking accountholder, you can save on the valuable services you use daily, such as:
- No fee for exclusive checks or a 50% discount on non-exclusive checks
- Annual rental fee for a small safe deposit box (3" x 5" or smaller) or 50% discount on a larger size, subject to availability
- No fee for cashier’s checks and money orders
- Special deposit rates2
- Special loan rates and origination fee discounts (subject to loan approval)3
UMB Select Checking Monthly Service Fee
UMB Select Checking has a monthly service fee of $20, which can be waived if one of the below conditions are met.
- Maintain an average collected balance4 of $5,000 or greater during each monthly service charge cycle
- Maintain $15,000 in combined deposit balances5 during each monthly service charge cycle
- Maintain $25,000 in combined deposit and loan balances6 during each monthly service charge cycle
- Maintain $30,000 in combined trust balances during each monthly service charge cycle
- Maintain $30,000 in combined brokerage balances during each monthly service charge cycle7
Information about this deposit account is available in UMB Bank's Deposit Account Agreement (called Important Information Regarding Your Deposit Accounts), and information about service fees and charges for this deposit account is available in the bank’s Consumer Banking Schedule of Service Fees and Charges.
1Access fees may be charged by the institution that owns the non-UMB Bank ATM. ATM-owner fees cannot be refunded.
2The following offers are available to UMB Select Checking accountholders and a limited number of other checking products. At the bank’s discretion, these offers may also be made available to individuals without UMB Select Checking.
- UMB Premium Savings account: A rate higher than the posted UMB Daily Investment Money Market account rate will be paid on existing and new funds deposited. Should the UMB Select Checking account be closed or transferred to a non-qualifying product, the bank reserves the right without notice to transfer the funds in the UMB Premium Savings account to a UMB Daily Investment Money Market account.
- Time deposit account (TDA)/Individual retirement account (IRA): Limited time offers for non-standard terms with a rate above the closest shorter standard term rate. Rate information and terms and conditions will be disclosed at the time of the special offer. Should the UMB Select Checking account be closed or transferred to a non-qualifying product, the bank reserves the right to transfer the funds to the nearest shorter term standard TDA at maturity without notice.
3The following standard rate reductions and origination fee waivers and discounts apply to UMB Select Checking. Discounts listed do not apply to promotional or introductory rates, if offered.
- Home Equity Line of Credit: .50% standard rate discount and origination fee waived
- Home Equity Loan: .25% standard rate discount and origination fee waived
- Unsecured Home Improvement Loan: .50% standard rate discount
- Automobile, Recreational Vehicle, or Other Titled Vehicle Loan: .50% standard rate discount and origination fee waived
4The average collected balance is calculated by adding together the balance of items in the account for which the bank has received credit (the collected balance) for each day of the monthly service charge cycle. That balance is then divided by the number of days in the monthly service charge cycle.
5Account balances are combined based on the primary accountholder’s Social Security number. The primary accountholder is the accountholder that signed the W-9 certification on the Consumer Deposit Account Signature Card for the account. For the purpose of combining your deposit account balances to determine your eligibility for a monthly service fee waiver, your UMB Select Checking account balance is the ledger balance of your UMB Select Checking account the day your UMB Select Checking account Monthly Service Fee is assessed. The balance of any other deposit account(s) (checking, savings, or money market account) is the ledger balance the day before your UMB Select Checking account monthly service fee is assessed. The balance of your time deposit account (TDA) or individual retirement account (IRA) is the latter of the ending ledger balance as of the last business day of the prior month, or the ending ledger balance of the TDA/IRA account the Friday before your UMB Select Checking account monthly service fee is assessed.
6The balance of your loan account is the ending outstanding balance of the loan account the day before the date your UMB Select Checking account monthly service fee is assessed. The balance of your trust or brokerage account is the balance of the trust or brokerage account the day before your UMB Select Checking account Monthly service fee is assessed. UMB mortgage and credit card accounts are not included in the above balance waiver options.
7Securities offered through UMB Financial Services, Inc. member FINRA, SIPC
UMB Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of UMB Financial Corp and an affiliate of UMB Bank, n.a.
Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • Not a Deposit • Not Insured by any Government Agency • May Lose Value